UMRBA conveys its priorities for the USACE’s spending priorities through the appropriations process and as authorized in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. Find the letter on UMRBA's website by clicking here.
Building upon the Upper Mississippi River’s deeply rooted partnership and successes in effective multi-purpose management, UMRBA’s funding and policy priorities are to:
- Start construction of the Navigation and Ecosystem Sustainability Program (NESP)
- Invest in the Upper Mississippi River Restoration (UMRR) program at its full authorized annual appropriation
- Reform the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ project partnership agreements to eliminate a significant impediment to public-private partnerships in advancing important water resource projects
- Renew flow frequency profiles on the Upper Mississippi River to inform the development of systemic approaches to improve resilience to major floods
- Maintain the deeply rooted federal-state cooperation and relationships in advancing multi-purpose management
- Fully engage and support UMRBA-led long term planning related to integrated and balanced Upper Mississippi River and watershed management