UMRBA submits to Congress its priorities for the 2022 Water Resources Development Act.
In particular, UMRBA calls for Congress to:
- Reform of the Corps' project partnership agreements
- Increase the Upper Mississippi River Restoration program's annual authorized appropriation
- Utilize the Corps' existing authorities to implement water level management on the Upper Mississippi River System
- Authorize a routine hydraulic evaluation of flow frequency probabilities and water surface profiles on the Upper Mississippi River System
- Permanently adjust the cost share of inland waterway construction and major rehabilitation projects to 25 percent from the Inland Waterway Trust Fund and 75 percent from the general Treasury
Find the letter on UMRBA's website by clicking here.